Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer Reading

So far this summer, I have read four books (I've had a lot of time on my hands). All of them exceptional. Coincidentally, I also read them in alphabetical order.
The first one was Anathem, which took me about a month to read, was probably my favorite of all of them. I can't say much without giving away the story but if you like Math, Science, and Philosophy then this is the book for you. The second was The Giver. It's a classic kids book about a kid who learns to feel pain in a Utopian society. The third was the Graveyard Book, written by the same guy who wrote Coraline. This was a really fun one to read. It's about a boy who is raised in a graveyard and his adventures. Last of all was The Hunger Games. This was also a really good book, full of adventure and thrill that makes it hard to put down! I'm reading the second book right now and the last one comes out in August.
If anyone is looking for a book to read then I'd recomend all of these.

2 comments:

  1. The second book you won't be able to put down either. I will bring you food and drink if you get stuck in the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great selection Jaron! These are some of my favorite books ever too (except I haven't read Hunger Games completely yet). I have to agree that Anathem was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete